Are you fed up of dandruff? Do you want to get rid of it? Dandruff is a skin condition that causes dry skin flakes that might appear in the scalp or hair. This makes your hair feel dry and itchy. Dandruff is also known as seborrheic dermatitis, it can occur due to various reasons such as oily skin, dry skin etc but one of the main cause of dandruff is growth of bacteria and fungus on the scalp, inflammatory skin conditions etc. however dandruff is not contagious and usually doesn’t pose a threat to health.
Following a healthy hair care routine can help you to reduce dandruff; there are many shampoos that are available in the market to control dandruff which is effective to some extent. Apart from this there are many home remedies which are effective to control dandruff. After trying all those products if you are still facing the problem then ask a doctor online, who will provide you with all the information related to hair such as how to maintain healthy hair? Various ways to treat dandruff, you can also get information about cost of hair transplant in Chennai and hair loss treatment in Chennai. But before going for any treatment it’s always better to try some home remedies.
Below are some of the home remedies which can help you to get rid of Dandruff:
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil has antifungal property which helps to eliminate dandruff. It also provides relief from itching, Take some coconut oil and some lemon juice mix them, apply it on your scalp, leave it for 20 minutes and then wash it off, follow this remedy for atleast two to three times a week.
- Vinegar: Vinegar is one of the ways which would help you to treat itchy dry skin. Apart from this it also kills dandruff causing fungus .Take a mixture of white vinegar and water and apply it on the scalp leave it for half an hour and then wash it off.
- Neem: It is considered to have some medicinal properties which can be used to treat many skin related problems. Neem has antifungal and antibacterial qualities and since dandruff is most commonly associated with fungal colonization of scalp, these remedy would help you fight dandruff. However it is always adviced to use the diluted version of neem (neem boiled in water).
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera has anti-fungal and anti- bacterial properties, it also mildly exfoliates the skin, Alovera extracts can be directly applied in the scalp and then wash it off with a mild shampoo, This will also provide relief from inflammation.
- Baking soda: Baking soda is alkaline in nature and hence acts as a mild exfoliant which helps to eliminate dead skin cells, it also helps to control oil secretion on the scalp. Mix 2 table spoon of baking soda with water and then apply it on your scalp, then massage it for few minutes, then rinse it off.
- Lemon: Lemon is acidic in nature and has abundant of vitamin C which helps to keep dandruff away. Take the lemon juice and apply it on your scalp or you can also take raw lemon slices and rob on your scalp and then leave it for 10-15 minutes and wash it off.
- Olive oil: olive oil can cure scalp dryness as it naturally moisturizes the hair , take some extra virgin olive oil, warm it slightly ,gently massage your scalp with it, leave it for 45 minutes and then rinse it off, repeat this for few times a week to get best results.
- Tea tree oil: Tea tree oil has an exceptional power to fight fungal and bacterial infections. Add one or two drops of tea tree oil in your shampoo and wash your hair normally, you will notice the results by yourself.
- Garlic: Some people might avoid this due to the pungent smell that it has, however it has great medicinal value, it can be used as antifungal product, mix garlic and water and then use it on your scalp to see quick results. You can also mix little honey and ginger.
- Do not keep oil on your scalp for long time: Do not apply oil and keep it for long time if you have dandruff. You may feel good after applying oil on your dry, itchy scalp but doing so can also lead to more dandruff.
- Yogurt and pepper: One of the best methods to cure dandruff is the combination of fresh pepper and yogurt. Yogurt prevents the scaling of the scalp and pepper has natural antifungal qualities. Take two table spoon of black pepper which is finely grinded and then mix it to one cup of yogurt, apply this mixture on the scalp, leave it for an hour then wash it off with a mild shampoo.
These are some of the home remedies which will help you to treat dandruff, apart from this it is also found that depression, stress and anxiety can also be linked with dandruff, so keep calm, find some healthy ways to manage stress such as exercise, meditation etc .Doing so will help you to control dandruff.